In order to transfer a domain name away from GoDaddy and to Nerds On Site, you will need to obtain a transfer code from GoDaddy. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Make sure your domain name is at least 90 days old.
- Cancel your “Domains By Proxy” registration, if applicable by logging into DomainsByProxy.com.
- Log into your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access the domain details for the domain name that you want to transfer.
- Under Domain Information, check whether the domain is set to Locked or Unlocked. To unlock the domain name, click on Manage.
- Uncheck Lock domain(s) and click OK.
- Click OK again.
- GoDaddy will only send your transfer authorization code to your administrative contact. Under Domain Information, click on the Send by Email link.
- Click OK to generate an email with your authorization code.
- Click OK again. In a few minutes you should receive an email from GoDaddy containing your transfer authorization code.