Any person accessing this website (user) is subject to, and agrees to, the terms and conditions set out in this legal notice. If the user does not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, the user may not access,display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute content obtained on this website.
Usage and copyright
- 1. Users may view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or any part thereof only for non-commercial informational or reference purposes.
- Users who wish to use content from this site for commercial purposes may only do so with the prior written permission obtained from the web manager at telephone number +27 071 609 4388 or e-mail francois@NerdsOnSite.co.za (link sends e-mail). Any reproduction and/or copy of the content or portion thereof for commercial purposes must include this copyright notice in its entirety: © NERDS ON SITE2018: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- All moral and any other rights of the Government Communication and Information System (NERDS ON SITE) or other legal entity in respect of which content is contained on this site not expressly granted are reserved.
Intellectual property rights
All content, data and trademarks, including, but not limited to, software, technology, databases, know-how, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs, program, publications, products, processed, or ideas described in this website may be the subject of other rights, including other intellectual property rights, which are the property of or licensed to the NERDS ON SITE, or a legal entity, and as such are protected from infringement by South African legislation and international treaties and conventions. Subject to the rights afforded to the user herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on this website are expressly reserved. By accessing data on this website the user is not licensed or authorised.
- The information on this website is intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subject(s).
- It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to accessing this website that the website will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of the NERDS ON SITE or any legal entity in respect of which information, ideas and opinions are expressed on this website. Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
- The NERDS ON SITE makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, among others, the content and technology available from this site are free from errors or omissions, that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error-free or will meet any criteria of performance or quality. This site is provided ‘as is’. The NERDS ON SITE expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy. It makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding the content of the website and that the website has been compiled or supplied to meet the user’s individual requirements. Users are encouraged to report any possible errors, malfunctions, or offensive material by using the ‘feedback’ link.
- The use of the content of this website is at the user’s own risk. The user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of the content of this site. The NERDS ON SITE or any of the legal entities in respect of which information are contained on this site, or employees of the NERDS ON SITE or such entity, will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to the use of this Nerds On Site document or information. If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply. Subject to sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act 25 of 2002), the NERDS ON SITE shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
- Certain links in the web server lead to resources maintained by third parties over whom the NERDS ON SITE has no control. The NERDS ON SITE makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of, or any other aspect relating to, those resources.
- The provisions of Part 2 of Chapter III of the Electronic Communications and Transactions, 2002 is hereby excluded from applying to any electronic communications and data messages that a user sends to the NERDS ON SITE via this website. Any communications or data message that a user sends to the NERDS ON SITE will be regarded having been received by the NERDS ON SITE when receipt is acknowledged in writing. If the user does not receive a response within a reasonable period, the user should follow it up with the NERDS ON SITE. The NERDS ON SITE shall not be liable for any failure to respond.
- If a user requires any information from the NERDS ON SITE regarding its services or the content of this website, the ‘feedback’ link could be used.
The NERDS ON SITE has in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all information provided by users from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user’s information. Authorised employees, who are responsible for the maintenance of any sensitive data submitted, are required to maintain the confidentiality of such data. The policy applies to all employees of the NERDS ON SITE or public bodies that may receive such information from the NERDS ON SITE. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. If a person delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, a criminal charge will be laid against that person, and, if the NERDS ON SITE or any public body should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
Linkage and framing
We welcome third-party websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity, or website to frame any page on this website, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without prior written approval of the NERDS ON SITE.
Links to third-party websites
The NERDS ON SITE may provide links to other websites only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply the NERDS ON SITE’s endorsement of such sites. Linked websites or pages are not subject to the control of the NERDS ON SITE. The NERDS ON SITE is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the content, use, or inability to use or access any linked websites or any links contained in a linked website.